East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
Issued 10:00 AM NST 31 January 2015
Today Tonight and Sunday
Wind light increasing to southeast 15 knots this afternoon and to east 25 this evening. Wind veering to south 20 late overnight then increasing to southwest 30 Sunday evening.
Rain and fog patches beginning late overnight and ending Sunday afternoon.
Temperatures minus 2 to plus 3.
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 31 January 2015 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4835N 5300W to 5135N 5030W to 5505N 5240W to 5625N 5625W to 5800N 5730W then northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Bergy water except 2 tenths of grey ice in a few small bays.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 31 January 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 31 Jan estimated from Newfoundland near 4740N 5245W to 5045N 4715W to 5200N 4715W to 6000N 5800W. Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 31 Jan estimated from the Labrador coast near 5157N 5556W to Newfoundland near 5135N 5550W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs except less than 10 icebergs north of the iceberg limit.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM NST 31 January 2015 Today Tonight and Sunday At 10:00 a.m. NST today departing low 991 mb located northeast of
the Marine District.
At 10:00 a.m. NST today low 988 mb located south of Nova Scotia.
By 10:00 a.m. NST Sunday deepening low 985 mb located over the
Gulf of St. Lawrence.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:58 AM NST 31 January 2015 A low pressure system south of Nova Scotia will move northeastward
across the Gulf of St. Lawrence tonight and across Southeastern
Labrador on Sunday. Strong to gale force east to southeasterlies will
spread across the marine district today and tonight ahead of this
feature. Winds will shift to strong to gale force westerlies in the
wake of this system on Sunday.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Northeast Gulf, Gulf - Port au Port and Southwest Coast.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the Strait of Belle Isle, Northeast Gulf, Gulf - Port au
Port, Southwest Coast and Belle Isle Bank.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: