Issued 08:00 PM NDT 26 May 2015
Tonight and Wednesday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwest 20 knots with gusts to 30 near Cape Race. Wind becoming southwest 30 near midnight except southwest 40 along the coast overnight and Wednesday. Wind diminishing to southwest 25 Wednesday afternoon.
Rain beginning near midnight and ending Wednesday afternoon. Fog banks forming near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 May 2015 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5145N 5615W to
Newfoundland near 5130N 5610W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 5025N 5620W to
5025N 5320W to 5440N 5210W to 5630N 5735W to 5705N 5720W to 5800N
5800W then northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 26 May 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 26 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4652N 5555W to 4115N 5130W to 4115N 4915W to 4545N 3815W to 4700N
3815W to 5000N 4130W to 5500N 4800W to 6000N 5730W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 26 May estimated from Quebec near
5017N 6044W to Newfoundland near 4903N 5821W.
Iceberg Count51 to 100 icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
East CoastIssued 10:26 PM NDT 26 May 2015
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM NDT 26 May 2015 Tonight and Wednesday At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight quasi-stationary ridge located southeast
of the Grand Banks.
At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight trough located near the Gulf of
By 3:30 p.m. NDT Wednesday trough located over Funk Island Bank.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:57 PM NDT 26 May 2015 A trough of low pressure over the Gulf of St. Lawrence will slowly
track eastward across Newfoundland tonight and Wednesday. Strong to
gale force southwesterlies are forecast to develop for most areas
south of the trough.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: