Issued 03:00 AM AST 22 February 2017
Today Tonight and Thursday
Wind light becoming northwest 10 to 15 knots after midnight then becoming light Thursday morning. Wind increasing to southerly 15 to 20 Thursday evening.
Temperatures minus 4 rising to plus 1 Thursday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 21 February 2017 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4610N 5955W to 4705N
6000W to 4820N 6110W to 5000N 5815W to 4835N 5925W to Newfoundland
near 4755N 5925W. Sea ice west and southeast of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4530N 6515W to
Nova Scotia near 4505N 6500W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 21 February 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Feb estimated from Newfoundland near
4721N 5247W to 4530N 4800W to 4530N 4500W to 4700N 4500W to 5030N
4600W to 5300N 4915W to 5700N 5400W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Feb estimated from Quebec near
5111N 5837W to Newfoundland near 5020N 5726W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM AST 22 February 2017 Today Tonight and Thursday At 3:00 a.m. AST today low 998 mb located southeast of Laurentian
By 3:00 a.m. AST Thursday low 992 mb located over the southeastern
At 3:00 a.m. AST today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over Nova Scotia.
By 8:00 p.m. AST Thursday ridge located on a line north-south
At 3:30 p.m. AST Thursday approaching low 994 mb located over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:54 AM AST 22 February 2017 A low pressure system southeast of Laurentian Fan will move to lie
over the Southeastern Grand Banks late Wednesday night. Meanwhile a
ridge of high pressure over Nova Scotia will slowly move eastward
today. Strong to gale force winds are forecast over southern waters
today between these two features. Elsewhere winds will diminish in
the vicinity of the ridge.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
Laurentian Fan - southeastern half.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - northeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - northwestern half
- Funk Island Bank - southeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: