Issued 08:00 PM ADT 27 April 2015
Tonight and Tuesday
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind east 15 to 20 knots backing to northerly 15 to 20 this evening then increasing to northerly 25 to 30 early Tuesday morning. Wind diminishing to variable 15 near noon Tuesday.
Rain or snow beginning late overnight and ending near noon Tuesday. Fog patches dissipating late overnight.
Temperatures near zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 27 April 2015 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4520N 6100W to 4605N 5820W
to 4725N 5800W to Newfoundland near 4720N 5520W. Sea ice north and
west of the ice edge.
Ice CoverageSpecial ice warning in effect.
7 tenths of first-year ice. Unusual presence of sea ice in the
northern section today and Tuesday.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 27 April 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 27 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4637N 5331W to 4345N 4930W to 4345N 4815W to 4600N 3745W to 4630N
3645W to 4730N 3645W to 5100N 3900W to 6000N 5500W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 27 Apr estimated from Quebec near
5031N 5936W to Newfoundland near 4935N 5755W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Cabot StraitIssued 8:00 PM ADT 27 April 2015
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Cabot StraitIssued 10:00 AM EDT 27 April 2015
Navigators in this marine area should be on the lookout for hazardous ice conditions and take necessary safety precautions. Please refer to the latest ice forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 27 April 2015 Tonight and Tuesday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight low 993 mb located over southwestern
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Tuesday low 992 mb located near West Scotian Slope.
At 3:00 a.m. ADT Tuesday low 987 mb located over southeastern
By 3:00 p.m. ADT Tuesday low 990 mb located over Cape Breton Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:53 PM ADT 27 April 2015 A low pressure system over Southwestern Nova Scotia will track
southward toward the slope waters tonight. Strong northeasterly winds
north of this disturbance will increase to gale force over portions
of Northumberland Strait and Gulf of St. Lawrence waters on Tuesday
as a second low moves in from Newfoundland. Gale force winds are also
possible over Fundy Grand Manan and Lurcher early Tuesday.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Northumberland Strait - western half..Gulf Magdalen - northern half..
Chaleur-Miscou and Anticosti - eastern half.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks - northern half
- Northern Grand Banks - southern half
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: