Issued 08:00 PM ADT 04 May 2015
Tonight and Tuesday
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind south 10 to 15 knots increasing to south 20 late this evening and to southwest 25 to 30 late overnight. Wind veering to northwest 25 near noon Tuesday.
A few showers beginning Tuesday morning and ending Tuesday afternoon. Fog patches forming late overnight and dissipating Tuesday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 4 May 2015 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Cape Breton Island near 4600N 5950W to
4555N 5925W to 4630N 5830W to 4800N 6000W to 4825N 6120W to Gaspe
Peninsula near 4820N 6440W. Sea ice west and south of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Quebec near 5015N 6000W to 5005N
5930W to Newfoundland near 5020N 5730W. Sea ice north of the ice
Ice CoverageSpecial ice warning in effect.
2 tenths of first-year ice except 9 tenths of first-year ice near
parts of the coast of Cape Breton Island. Unusual presence of sea
ice today and Tuesday.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 4 May 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 4 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4721N 5444W to 4530N 5400W to 4200N 5015W to 4200N 4830W to 4600N
3600W to 4730N 3600W to 5100N 3830W to 6000N 5630W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 4 May estimated from Quebec near
5014N 6000W to Newfoundland near 4934N 5755W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Cabot StraitIssued 8:00 PM ADT 04 May 2015
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Cabot StraitIssued 10:00 AM EDT 04 May 2015
Navigators in this marine area should be on the lookout for hazardous ice conditions and take necessary safety precautions. Please refer to the latest ice forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 4 May 2015 Tonight and Tuesday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight ridge located from Georges Bank to
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Tuesday departing ridge located southeast of the
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight trough located over southern Quebec.
By 9:00 a.m. ADT Tuesday trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Belle Isle Bank - northern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: