Issued 03:00 AM ADT 28 March 2015
Today Tonight and Sunday
Wind northwest 15 knots increasing to northwest 25 to 30 this evening then diminishing to northwest 15 to 20 near noon Sunday. Wind backing to southwest 10 to 15 Sunday evening.
Chance of flurries changing to periods of snow this afternoon and ending Sunday morning. Fog patches dissipating this morning. Visibility 1 mile or less in fog patches and in snow.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray beginning near midnight and ending near noon Sunday.
Temperatures minus 2 falling to minus 8 Sunday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 27 March 2015 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4440N 6250W to 4350N
6050W to 4435N 5730W to 4725N 5725W to Newfoundland near 4720N
5520W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4520N 6530W to
4505N 6525W to 4425N 6620W Nova Scotia near 4415N 6605W. Sea ice
north of the ice edge.
7 tenths of first-year ice.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 27 March 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 27 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4636N 5335W to 4445N 4800W to 4445N 4700W to 4700N 4215W to 5015N
4300W to 6000N 5715W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 27 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5118N 5759W to Newfoundland near 5042N 5724W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Cabot StraitIssued 03:00 AM ADT 28 March 2015
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 28 March 2015 Today Tonight and Sunday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over East Scotian Slope.
By 9:00 a.m. ADT Sunday trough located east of the Marine District.
At 9:00 p.m. ADT tonight ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
By 9:00 p.m. ADT Sunday ridge located over the southern Marine
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:51 AM ADT 28 March 2015 A trough of low pressure over the slope waters will remain nearly
stationary today and then move slowly eastward tonight to lie
East of the marine district Sunday morning. Strong to gale
Force southwesterlies ahead of the trough become strong to gale
Force north to northeasterlies behind it.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Browns Bank..Georges Bank..LaHave Bank..West Scotian Slope..
Sable..East Scotian Slope..Southeastern half of Banquereau and
Laurentian Fan. Freezing spray warnings are in effect for Cabot
Strait and Gulf-Magdalen.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - northern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks - northwestern half
- Northern Grand Banks - southeastern half
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - northern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - southern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: