Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:30 PM ADT 31 August 2015
Tonight and Tuesday
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southwest 15 to 20 knots increasing to southwest 20 to 25 early this evening then diminishing to westerly 15 near midnight. Wind increasing to northwest 25 to 30 Tuesday morning then diminishing to north 15 to 20 Tuesday evening.
Showers beginning this evening and ending late overnight with a risk of thunderstorms.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bras d'Or LakesIssued 3:30 PM ADT 31 August 2015
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 31 August 2015 Tonight and Tuesday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight quasi-stationary ridge located south of
the Marine District.
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight low 997 mb located north of Anticosti
By 9:00 a.m. ADT Tuesday low 997 mb located over Newfoundland.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:55 PM ADT 31 August 2015 A low pressure system just north of Anticosti Island this
Evening will move to lie over Newfoundland on Tuesday.
Gale force northwesterlies will develop over northern waters in the
wake of this low.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Banquereau...Cabot Strait...Gulf-Magdalen...Chaleur-Miscou eastern
half and Anticosti.
A squall warning is in effect for Northumberland Strait and
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: