Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM AST 01 November 2015
Forecasts have ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM AST 13 February 2016 Tonight and Sunday At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight departing low 984 mb located over the
At 8:00 a.m. AST Sunday low 1002 mb located over LaHave Bank.
By 8:00 p.m. AST Sunday low 1002 mb located over Laurentian Fan.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:50 PM AST 13 February 2016 A low pressure system over the Southern Grand Banks will continue to
move northeastward tonight. A trough will linger over southern
Waters in the wake of the low. Strong northerlies north of the
Trough become strong to gale force westerlies south of it. Storm
force westerlies will develop over Laurentian Fan this evening.
On Sunday strong to gale force northerlies will develop north of the
trough with gale force westerlies to its south.
Marine interests are advised that a storm warning is in effect for
Laurentian Fan - southeastern half. Gale warnings are in effect for
Lurcher..Browns Bank..Georges Bank..Southwestern shore..LaHave Bank..
West Scotian Slope..Eastern shore..Sable..East Scotian Slope..
Fourchu..Banquereau and Laurentian Fan - northwestern half.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
Effect for all waters except..Georges Bank..West Scotian Slope..East
Scotian Slope..Laurentian Fan..Chaleur Miscou and Northumberland
Strait western half.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - northwestern half
- Funk Island Bank - southeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast - Cape St. Mary's and east
- South Coast - west of Cape St. Mary's
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: