Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:30 PM ADT 26 May 2017
Tonight and Saturday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind east 20 knots increasing to east 25 to 30 early this evening then diminishing to northeast 15 to 20 after midnight. Wind diminishing to northeast 10 to 15 Saturday evening.
Periods of rain or drizzle changing to showers or periods of drizzle early Saturday morning and ending Saturday afternoon. Fog patches dissipating Saturday afternoon.
Low tonight plus 4. High Saturday plus 9.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bras d'Or LakesIssued 3:30 PM ADT 26 May 2017
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 26 May 2017 Tonight and Saturday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today low 996 mb located over the Gulf of Maine.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Saturday low 1000 mb located near Laurentian Fan.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:20 PM ADT 26 May 2017 A low pressure system approaching from the Gulf of Maine is forecast
to lie over Southwestern Nova Scotia this evening and track south of
Newfoundland on Saturday. Strong to possibly gale force winds are
expected with the low.
Marine interests are advised that higher than normal water levels are
expected at high tides tonight. A high water level warning may be
required for coastal areas of Southwestern Nova Scotia, the New
Brunswick coastline of Bay of Fundy and Bay of Chaleur.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Belle Isle Bank - northern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: