Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 01 November 2014
Forecasts have ended for the season.
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM AST 25 January 2015 Today Tonight and Monday At 10:00 a.m. AST today deepening low 956 mb located east of the
Gulf of St. Lawrence.
By 3:30 p.m. AST today low 950 mb located north of Newfoundland.
At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight departing low 945 mb located northeast
At 3:00 a.m. AST Monday ridge located over Ontario.
By 3:30 p.m. AST Monday ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over the Maritimes.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:55 AM AST 25 January 2015 An intense low pressure system just east of the marine district will
continue to pull away today. Gale to storm force westerlies in the
wake of the low will gradually diminish from south to north today and
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
Banquereau-northwestern half..Cabot Strait..Gulf-Magdalen-eastern
Half and Anticosti. Gale warnings are in effect for Georges Bank..
LaHave Bank..West Scotian Slope..Eastern shore..Sable..East Scotian
Slope..Fourchu..Banquereau-southeastern half..Laurentian Fan..
Northumberland Strait..Gulf-Magdalen-western half and Chaleur-Miscou.
Freezing spray warnings are in effect for Fundy..Grand Manan..Eastern
Shore..Fourchu..Banquereau - northwestern half..Cabot Strait..
Northumberland Strait - eastern half..Gulf-Magdalen - eastern half
Higher than normal water levels and rough pounding surf can be
expected along the coast of Western Cape Breton and the gulf-facing
coast of Eastern Prince Edward Island until early this afternoon.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: