Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:30 PM ADT 29 September 2016
Tonight and Friday
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind northerly 20 to 25 knots diminishing to north 15 near midnight and to light Friday morning.
Low tonight plus 7. High Friday plus 17.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bras d'Or LakesIssued 3:30 PM ADT 29 September 2016
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 29 September 2016 Tonight and Friday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight low 1014 mb located over the southwestern
By 9:00 a.m. ADT Friday low 999 mb located east of Newfoundland.
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight quasi-stationary high 1038 mb located
over eastern Quebec.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:32 PM ADT 29 September 2016 A low pressure system over the Southwestern Grand Banks will
intensify as it tracks northeastward this evening. Strong to gale
force northerly winds are forecast in the wake of this system.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Banquereau - southern half and Laurentian Fan.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - northern half
- Funk Island Bank - southern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks - eastern half
- Northern Grand Banks - western half
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks - northern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks - southern half
- Southwest Coast - Ramea and east
- Southwest Coast - west of Ramea
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: