Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 10:00 AM ADT 23 August 2017
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southwest 20 knots increasing to southwest 30 near noon with gusts to 40 in the channels. Wind diminishing to southwest 20 near midnight and to southwest 15 late overnight. Wind southwest 15 Thursday.
Showers beginning this evening and ending Thursday afternoon with a risk of thunderstorms. Fog patches forming this evening and dissipating Thursday morning.
High today plus 25. Low tonight plus 18. High Thursday plus 23.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bras d'Or LakesIssued 10:00 AM ADT 23 August 2017
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 23 August 2017 Today Tonight and Thursday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Thursday trough located from Georges Bank to
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: