Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM AST 01 November 2015
Forecasts have ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM AST 8 February 2016 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 10:00 a.m. AST today deepening low 976 mb located southwest of
the Marine District.
By 8:00 p.m. AST tonight low 974 mb located near East Scotian Slope.
At 10:00 a.m. AST Tuesday low 976 mb located over Banquereau.
By 8:00 p.m. AST Tuesday departing low 994 mb located near the
At 10:00 a.m. AST Tuesday deepening low 996 mb located off the
East Coast of the U.S.
By 8:00 p.m. AST Tuesday low 988 mb located near Georges Bank.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:52 AM AST 8 February 2016 An intense low pressure system southwest of the marine district will
move northeastward to lie over the slope waters this evening. The low
will gradually weaken on Tuesday as it drifts east of the region
later in the day. Gale to storm force northeasterlies are expected
ahead of the low, with gale to storm force westerlies south of the
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
all Atlantic waters except Cabot Strait. Gale warnings are in effect
for all remaining waters. Freezing spray warnings are in effect for
Fundy..Grand Manan..Fourchu..Cabot Strait..Northumberland Strait..
This low will also give higher than normal water levels and rough and
pounding waves for the Atlantic Coast of Nova Scotia. Highest water
levels will occur near the high tide this evening and again Tuesday
morning. In addition, high waves combined with high water levels may
cause minor flooding for east facing shorelines of Southern Cape
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: