Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 01 November 2014
Forecasts have ended for the season.
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM AST 28 January 2015 Today Tonight and Thursday At 3:00 a.m. AST today low 981 mb located over Browns Bank.
By 8:00 p.m. AST tonight low 1001 mb located west of Newfoundland.
At 10:00 a.m. AST Thursday ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over New England.
By 8:00 p.m. AST Thursday ridge located from Labrador to
Newfoundland then to Cape Cod.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:49 AM AST 28 January 2015 An area of low pressure over Browns Bank this morning will cross
Nova Scotia today to lie near Western Newfoundland this evening.
Gale to storm force easterlies or southerlies ahead of the low will
shift to strong to gale force northwesterlies behind the low.
Winds will diminish from west to east during the day today.
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
Fundy..Grand Manan..Lurcher..Browns Bank and LaHave Bank.
Gale warnings are in effect for Georges Bank..Southwestern
Shore..West Scotian Slope..Eastern shore..Sable..Fourchu..Cabot
Strait..Northumberland Strait western half
..Gulf-Magdalen..Chaleur-Miscou and Anticosti.
Freezing spray warnings are in effect for Fundy..Grand Manan..Cabot
Strait..Northumberland Strait..Gulf-Magdalen and Anticosti.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Belle Isle Bank - northeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: