Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 04:03 PM AST 06 December 2016
Forecasts have ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM AST 21 February 2017 Tonight and Wednesday At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight quasi-stationary low located southeast
of Laurentian Fan.
At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over Nova Scotia.
By 10:00 a.m. AST Wednesday quasi-stationary ridge located from
Newfoundland to Georges Bank.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:36 PM AST 21 February 2017 A low pressure system southeast of Laurentian Fan will intensify and
remain nearly stationary through the forecast period. Meanwhile a
ridge of high pressure over Nova Scotia will slowly move eastward
tonight. Strong to gale force winds are forecast over southern waters
today and Wednesday between these two features. Elsewhere winds will
diminish in the vicinity of the ridge.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
Laurentian Fan - southeastern half.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - northeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: