Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM AST 01 November 2015
Forecasts have ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 29 April 2016 Today Tonight and Saturday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today low 980 mb located over Labrador Sea.
By 9:00 a.m. ADT Saturday departing low 989 mb located southeast
of Labrador Sea.
At 10:00 a.m. ADT today ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over the southwestern Marine District.
By 9:00 p.m. ADT tonight quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
east-west over the southern Marine District.
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight low located southwest of the Marine
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:50 AM ADT 29 April 2016 A low pressure system over the Labrador Sea will deepen and approach
the coast today as a ridge of high pressure settles over the southern
marine district. Strong to gale force westerly winds will develop
over the Northern Gulf of St. Lawrence waters and diminish overnight
tonight as the low begins to track eastward.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
Anticosti - northeastern half.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - northern half
- Funk Island Bank - southern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: