Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 04:03 PM AST 06 December 2016
Forecasts have ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM AST 19 February 2017 Tonight and Monday At 3:30 p.m. AST today low 995 mb located over Newfoundland.
By 8:00 p.m. AST tonight low 998 mb located east of Newfoundland.
At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight trough from low located from the Avalon
Peninsula to Lurcher.
By 8:00 p.m. AST Monday trough located southeast of Laurentian Fan.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:30 PM AST 19 February 2017 A trough of low pressure extending from Newfoundland to New Brunswick
will sweep across the marine district tonight. On Monday strong
northerlies will develop in the wake of the trough which could reach
gale force over southern waters Monday afternoon.
Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Gulf-Magdalen and Anticosti.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Belle Isle Bank - northeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: