Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM AST 01 November 2015
Forecasts have ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM AST 14 February 2016 Today Tonight and Monday At 10:00 a.m. AST today low 1002 mb located over Sable Island.
By 8:00 p.m. AST tonight low 998 mb located east of Laurentian Fan.
At 10:00 a.m. AST Monday building ridge located on a line
north-south over New England.
By 8:00 p.m. AST Monday ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over western Nova Scotia.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:00 AM AST 14 February 2016 A low pressure system near Sable Island will continue eastward to lie
east of the district tonight. Gale to storm force winds are
associated with the low.
Marine interests are advised that a storm warning is in effect for
Laurentian Fan. Gale warnings are in effect for Lurcher..Browns
Bank..Georges Bank..Southwestern shore..LaHave Bank..West Scotian
Slope..Eastern shore..Sable..East Scotian Slope..Fourchu..
Banquereau..Cabot Strait..Northumberland Strait eastern half..
Gulf-Magdalen and Anticosti.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
Effect for all waters except Laurentian Fan southeastern half..
Chaleur Miscou and Northumberland Strait western half.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: