Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 28 May 2015
Today Tonight and Friday
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southwest 10 to 15 knots increasing to southwest 20 early this morning then diminishing to light late this evening. Wind increasing to northeast 15 to 20 overnight then diminishing to light Friday evening.
A few showers beginning near noon and ending overnight with a risk of thunderstorms. Fog patches dissipating this morning. Fog patches forming near midnight and dissipating Friday morning.
High today plus 24. Low tonight plus 10. High Friday plus 15.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bras d'Or LakesIssued 03:00 AM ADT 28 May 2015
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 28 May 2015 Today Tonight and Friday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today trough located from the Great Lakes to
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Friday weakening trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over Nova Scotia.
At 3:00 a.m. ADT today quasi-stationary ridge located south of
the Marine District.
At 9:00 a.m. ADT Friday high 1033 mb located north of the Gaspe
By 9:00 p.m. ADT Friday high 1032 mb located over southeastern
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast - Ramea and east
- Southwest Coast - west of Ramea
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: