Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 04:03 PM AST 06 December 2016
Forecasts have ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 22 March 2017 Tonight and Thursday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight low 1000 mb located over the southern
Gulf of St. Lawrence.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Thursday low 996 mb located near Cape Breton
At 3:30 p.m. ADT Thursday departing low 992 mb located south
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:45 PM ADT 22 March 2017 A low pressure system over the Southern Gulf of St. Lawrence will
slowly track eastward tonight and Thursday. Gale to storm force north
to northwesterlies will develop north and west of the low.
In addition freezing spray will develop in the cold northerly winds
in the wake of the low.
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
eastern shore-eastern half, Sable-eastern half, Fourchu, Banquereau,
Cabot Strait, Northumberland Strait-eastern half and Gulf-Magdalen.
Gale warnings are in effect for all remaining waters.
Freezing spray warnings are in effect for all marine waters.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: