Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 04:03 PM AST 06 December 2016
Forecasts have ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM AST 26 February 2017 Today Tonight and Monday At 10:00 a.m. AST today trough located from the Gaspe Peninsula
to Georges Bank.
By 8:00 p.m. AST tonight departing trough located from Labrador
to Laurentian Fan.
At 10:00 a.m. AST Monday trough located over New England.
By 8:00 p.m. AST Monday trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:59 AM AST 26 February 2017 A trough of low pressure will move eastward across the district
today. Strong to gale force southeasterlies ahead of the trough will
shift to strong to gale force westerlies behind it. A second trough
will move over northern waters Monday afternoon bringing gale force
westerlies in its wake over Anticosti in the evening.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Banquereau, Laurentian Fan, Cabot Strait, Gulf-Magdalen and
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Cabot Strait - northern half, Gulf-Magdalen,
Chaleur-Miscou and Anticosti.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - northern half
- Funk Island Bank - southern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: