Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM AST 01 November 2015
Forecasts have ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM AST 14 February 2016 Today Tonight and Monday At 10:00 a.m. AST today intensifying low 1002 mb located over
By 8:00 p.m. AST tonight low 1002 mb located over Laurentian Fan.
At 10:00 a.m. AST Monday building ridge located on a line
north-south over New England.
By 8:00 p.m. AST Monday ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over western Nova Scotia.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:57 AM AST 14 February 2016 A trough over southern waters will gradually move eastward
Today to lie east of the district overnight. Strong northeasterlies
north of the trough will increase to strong to gale force today.
Gale force west to northwesterlies are forecast south of the trough.
Meanwhile a low pressure system will develop in the trough over
LaHave Bank this morning and will move to lie over Laurentian Fan
this evening. Gale to storm force northwesterlies will develop
Later today immediately west of the low.
Marine interests are advised that a storm warning is in effect
For Laurentian Fan. Gale warnings are in effect for Lurcher..Browns
Bank..Georges Bank..Southwestern shore..LaHave Bank..West Scotian
Slope..Eastern shore..Sable..East Scotian Slope..Fourchu..
Banquereau..Cabot Strait..Northumberland Strait eastern half
..Gulf-Magdalen and Anticosti. Marine interests are also advised
That freezing spray warnings are in effect for all waters
Except Laurentian Fan southeastern half..Chaleur Miscou and
Northumberland Strait western half.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - northwestern half
- Funk Island Bank - southeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast - Cape St. Mary's and east
- South Coast - west of Cape St. Mary's
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: