Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 04:03 PM AST 06 December 2016
Forecasts have ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM AST 24 January 2017 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 3:00 a.m. AST today low 988 mb located near Cape Hatteras.
By 8:00 p.m. AST tonight approaching low 988 mb located south of
At 10:00 a.m. AST Wednesday low 987 mb located near Lurcher.
By 8:00 p.m. AST Wednesday low 990 mb located near Sable Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:54 AM AST 24 January 2017 A low pressure system east of Cape Hatteras will move slowly
northeast to lie south of Cape Cod by evening. Easterly gales over
southwestern waters will spread across the marine district reaching
northern waters overnight or early Wednesday morning.
The low will move northeastward on Wednesday to lie over the central
marine district by Wednesday afternoon. Gale to near storm force
easterly winds ahead of the low will shift to strong northwesterlies
in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Belle Isle Bank - northeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: