Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 01 November 2014
Forecasts have ended for the season.
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM AST 27 January 2015 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 3:00 a.m. AST today deepening low located south of Cape Cod.
By 8:00 p.m. AST tonight low 978 mb located southwest of Browns
At 10:00 a.m. AST Wednesday weakening low 992 mb located over
By 8:00 p.m. AST Wednesday low located near Cabot Strait.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:47 AM AST 27 January 2015 An intensifying area of low pressure south of Cape Cod will gradually
approach the district today. The low will then weaken as it crosses
Nova Scotia tonight to lie near Cabot Strait Wednesday evening.
Storm force east or northeasterlies will develop over most waters as
the low approaches. Winds will shift to generally strong to gale
force westerlies in its wake. Winds will diminish from west to east
during the day Wednesday.
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
all waters except Anticosti where a gale warning is in effect.
Freezing spray warnings are in effect for Fundy..Grand Manan..Eastern
Shore..Fourchu..Cabot Strait..Northumberland Strait..Gulf-Magdalen
Higher than normal water levels and possible ice pile up can be
expected at high tide this afternoon and early this evening along the
western part of the Northumberland Strait.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Belle Isle Bank - northeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: