Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 22 May 2015
Today Tonight and Saturday
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind light increasing to southerly 15 knots this morning and to northeasterly 15 to 20 this evening. Wind diminishing to light overnight then increasing to westerly 20 Saturday morning.
Rain beginning this afternoon changing to a few showers overnight. Fog patches forming this evening and dissipating overnight.
Temperatures plus 7 rising to plus 12 this afternoon then falling to plus 7 this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bras d'Or LakesIssued 03:00 AM ADT 22 May 2015
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 22 May 2015 Today Tonight and Saturday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today weakening ridge located over the southern
By noon ADT today weakening ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Nova Scotia.
At 3:00 a.m. ADT today deepening low 1005 mb located south of
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Saturday low 996 mb located over Newfoundland.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:05 AM ADT 22 May 2015 A low pressure south of Cape Cod this morning will pass
By Sable Island this evening to lie over Newfoundland Saturday
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are continued for
Georges Bank..West Scotian Slope and East Scotian Slope.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: