Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 06 May 2016
Today Tonight and Saturday
Wind light increasing to southerly 15 to 20 knots near noon then diminishing to variable 10 to 15 early this evening. Wind diminishing to light near midnight.
Rain changing to periods of drizzle this morning then to chance of drizzle Saturday. Fog patches dissipating near noon Saturday.
High today plus 14. Low tonight plus 5. High Saturday plus 10.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 6 May 2016 Today Tonight and Saturday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today low 994 mb located west of Browns Bank.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight low 1004 mb located northeast of
At midnight ADT tonight ridge located over the central Marine
By 9:00 a.m. ADT Saturday trough located over the western Marine
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:54 AM ADT 6 May 2016 A low pressure system near Browns Bank will track northeastward
across the Atlantic Coast of Nova Scotia today reaching Newfoundland
by this evening. Strong to gale force southerly winds south of the
associated cold front will gradually diminish as the low moves away
from the region.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Georges Bank..West Scotian Slope and East Scotian Slope.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - northwestern half
- Funk Island Bank - southeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Are you and your family ready to face an emergency?
Know the risks, make a plan and get a kit!
Alberta Emergency Alert: Stop. Listen. Respond Follow us on Twitter: @AB_EmergAlert
Download the Alberta Emergency Alert mobile application at www.emergencyalert.alberta.ca or text ALBERTA to 965965
Find out how your community may be affected by wildfire smoke
Canada’s Wildfire Smoke Prediction System
- Date modified: