Issued 03:30 PM ADT 26 April 2017
Tonight and Thursday
Wind southeast 15 knots increasing to south 20 to 25 this evening then diminishing to south 15 to 20 Thursday afternoon.
Showers and fog banks beginning this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 April 2017 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4700N 6035W to 4740N 6125W
to 4920N 6500W to 4945N 6500W to 4855N 6225W to Newfoundland near
4905N 5825W. Sea ice north and south of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 26 April 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 26 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4740N 5720W to 4400N 5700W to 4015N 5145W to 4030N 4645W to 4745N
4215W to 5115N 4400W to 5300N 4945W to 5600N 4900W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 26 Apr estimated from Quebec near
5021N 6239W to Anticosti Island near 4914N 6156W then from Anticosti
Island near 5910N 6225W to Newfoundland near 4737N 5914W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs except less than 10 icebergs east of the
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 26 April 2017 Tonight and Thursday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today low 1004 mb located near Long Island.
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Thursday dissipating low 1012 mb located near
At 3:30 p.m. ADT today trough located over Quebec.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Thursday trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over Îles-de-la-Madeleine.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: