Issued 03:30 PM ADT 23 June 2017
Tonight and Saturday.
Wind southwesterly 10 to 15 knots backing to southerly 20 Saturday morning then veering to southwest 25 Saturday afternoon.
A few showers and fog banks beginning near noon Saturday with a risk of thunderstorms.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 20 June 2017 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 23 June 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 23 Jun estimated from Newfoundland near
4654N 5557W to 4430N 5545W to 4430N 5100W to 4515N 4630W to 4645N
4330W to 4800N 4330W to 5300N 4830W to 5700N 5100W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 23 Jun estimated from Quebec near
5020N 6255W to Anticosti Island near 4938N 6256W then from Anticosti
Island near 4904N 6214W to 4854N 6214W to Newfoundland near 4812N
Strait of Belle Isle
Belle Isle Bank
South Labrador Coast
South Labrador Sea
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs except less than 10 icebergs east of the
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 23 June 2017 Tonight and Saturday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today cold front located over the Great Lakes.
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Saturday cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Gulf of Maine.
At 9:00 p.m. ADT Saturday cold front located from Cabot Strait to
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:26 PM ADT 23 June 2017 A weak low North New Brunswick will give higher than normal water
levels possibly high enough for minor coastal flooding tonight.
Areas along the Fundy coast of New Brunswick from Saint John to Grand
Manan, along Southwest Nova Scotia from Digby to Shelburne and in the
Bay of Chaleur may be affected at high tide tonight.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: