Anticosti - northwestern half
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 28 April 2015
Today Tonight and Wednesday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northeast 20 to 25 knots increasing to northeast 25 to 35 this morning then diminishing to northeast 20 to 25 this evening. Wind diminishing to northeast 15 to 20 Wednesday morning.
Periods of rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 27 April 2015 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4520N 6100W to 4605N 5820W
to 4725N 5800W to Newfoundland near 4720N 5520W. Sea ice north and
west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 27 April 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 27 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4637N 5331W to 4345N 4930W to 4345N 4815W to 4600N 3745W to 4630N
3645W to 4730N 3645W to 5100N 3900W to 6000N 5500W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 27 Apr estimated from Quebec near
5031N 5936W to Newfoundland near 4935N 5755W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Anticosti - northwestern halfIssued 03:00 AM ADT 28 April 2015
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 28 April 2015 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today low 993 mb located over the southwestern
By 9:00 a.m. ADT Wednesday low 986 mb located south of Laurentian
At 3:00 a.m. ADT today low 987 mb located over southeastern
By 9:00 p.m. ADT tonight dissipating low 990 mb located over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:38 AM ADT 28 April 2015 A low pressure system over Southeastern Newfoundland will track
westward toward Nova Scotia today. Strong northeasterly winds ahead
of this disturbance will increase to gale force over most Gulf of St.
Lawrence waters today.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Northumberland Strait - western half..Gulf Magdalen..Chaleur-Miscou
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks - northern half
- Northern Grand Banks - southern half
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: