Anticosti - western half
Issued 10:00 AM AST 02 December 2016
Today Tonight and Saturday
Wind northeasterly 30 knots.
Snow changing to a few flurries this afternoon. Visibility 1 mile or less in precipitation.
Issued 05:00 AM AST 02 December 2016
Today Tonight and Saturday Seas 3 to 4 metres subsiding to 2 to 3 this evening and to 1 to 2 Saturday morning.
Issued 03:00 AM AST 02 December 2016
Sunday Wind northwesterly 20 knots.
Monday Wind northwesterly 20 knots.
Tuesday Wind northwest 25 knots.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 May 2016 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 2 December 2016
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 3 Dec estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5225N 5544W to 5230N 5200W to 5500N 5200W to 6000N 6000W to
6100N 5400W to 5700N 5000W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM AST 2 December 2016 Today Tonight and Saturday At 10:00 a.m. AST today low located over Cabot Strait.
By 10:00 a.m. AST Saturday low located east of Banquereau.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:43 AM AST 2 December 2016 A low pressure system over Cabot Strait will drift eastward to lie
east of Banquereau Saturday morning. Gale to storm force easterlies
ahead of the low will diminish as it pulls away. Gale force
westerlies are expected south of the low today.
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
Cabot Strait-northern half. Gale warnings are in effect for eastern
shore, Sable, East Scotian Slope, Fourchu, Banquereau, Laurentian
Fan, Gulf-Magdalen northern half and Anticosti eastern half.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks - northeastern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks - southwestern half
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: