Anticosti - southeastern half
Issued 10:00 AM ADT 28 May 2016
Today Tonight and Sunday
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind north 15 knots increasing to north 20 this afternoon then diminishing to light early this evening. Wind becoming southwest 15 near noon Sunday.
A few showers and fog patches ending early this afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 May 2016 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 27 May 2016
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 27 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4643N 5309W to 4315N 4945W to 4315N 4815W to 4400N 4500W to 4615N
3745W to 4745N 3745W to 5200N 4330W to 5300N 4715W to 5600N 4900W
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 27 May estimated from Quebec near
5034N 5934W to Newfoundland near 4941N 5749W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Anticosti - southeastern halfIssued 10:00 AM ADT 28 May 2016
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 28 May 2016 Today Tonight and Sunday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today low 1014 mb located near
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight departing low 1014 mb located east of
At 3:00 a.m. ADT Sunday high 1025 mb located over New Brunswick.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Sunday high 1026 mb located over Banquereau.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:41 AM ADT 28 May 2016 Tropical depression two is currently located at 30.1 degrees north
and 78.1 degrees west or 180 nautical miles southeast of Charleston,
North Carolina. It is moving northwest at 12 knots. Maximum sustained
winds are 30 knots and the central pressure is 1009 MB.
This storm is not currently expected to have any direct effect on
Canadian forecast waters.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: