Anticosti - northeastern half
Issued 03:30 PM ADT 28 April 2016
Tonight and Friday
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind northwest 20 to 25 knots with gusts to 30 in the Honguedo Strait. Wind becoming northwest 30 near noon Friday with gusts to 40 in the Honguedo Strait.
Chance of flurries.
Risk of freezing spray this evening.
Low tonight minus 2. High Friday plus 3.
Anticosti - eastern half
Anticosti - western half
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 28 April 2016 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4725N 6450W to
4750N 6430W to 4840N 6405W to Gaspe Peninsula near 4845N 6410W. Sea
ice west of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Quebec near 5000N 6650W to 5000N
6000W to 5120N 5720W to Newfoundland near 5030N 5725W. Sea ice north
and east of the ice edge.
Open water except consolidated first-year ice in some bays of the
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 28 April 2016
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4644N 5305W to 4400N 4945W to 4400N 4745W to 4515N 4245W to 4700N
4130W to 4845N 4215W to 5000N 4315W to 5300N 4730W to 5600N 4900W
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 Apr estimated from Quebec near
5119N 5759W to Newfoundland near 5042N 5723W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
AnticostiIssued 3:30 PM ADT 28 April 2016
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 28 April 2016 Tonight and Friday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today departing low located over Newfoundland.
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight ridge located west of the Marine District.
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Friday ridge located from Maine to Laurentian Fan.
At 10:00 a.m. ADT Friday low located southwest of the Marine
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - northern half
- Funk Island Bank - southern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks - northwestern half
- Northern Grand Banks - southeastern half
- Northumberland Strait
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks - northwestern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks - southeastern half
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: