Anticosti - northeastern half
Issued 08:00 PM AST 05 March 2015
Tonight and Friday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 30 to 35 knots with gusts to 45 in the Honguedo Strait. Wind becoming northwest 25 to 30 late this evening then diminishing to northwest 20 early Friday morning. Wind backing to westerly 25 Friday afternoon.
Temperatures near minus 13.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 5 March 2015 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4430N 6605W to 4430N
6620W to 4300N 6610W to 4530N 5630W to 4720N 5710W to Newfoundland
near 4720N 5520W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4505N 6500W to New
Brunswick near 4520N 6530W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
9 tenths of grey-white ice except 9 plus tenths of first-year ice
near Anticosti Island.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 5 March 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 5 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4637N 5307W to 4715N 4700W to 5000N 4545W to 5100N 4545W to 5200N
4645W to 6000N 5800W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 5 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5118N 5831W to Newfoundland near 5033N 5719W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
AnticostiIssued 8:00 PM AST 05 March 2015
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM AST 5 March 2015 Tonight and Friday At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight departing trough located east of the
At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight ridge located over southern Ontario.
By 10:00 a.m. AST Friday ridge located over the Maritimes.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:42 PM AST 5 March 2015 A departing trough of low pressure east of the district will maintain
gale force northwesterlies this evening over some northern waters.
Winds will diminish overnight as a ridge of high pressure builds over
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Cabot Strait..Gulf-Magdalen northeastern half and Anticosti.
Freezing spray warnings are in effect for eastern shore..Sable..
Fourchu..Banquereau and Cabot Strait.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Belle Isle Bank - northeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks - northern half
- Northern Grand Banks - southern half
- Northumberland Strait
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: