Issued 10:00 AM AST 20 January 2017
Today Tonight and Saturday
Periods of light snow beginning early Saturday morning.
Temperatures near minus 3.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 19 January 2017 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4655N 6045W to 4610N 6150W
to 4750N 6055W to 4720N 6330W to 4905N 6340W to 4840N 6150W to 5015N
5800W to 4830N 5925W to Newfoundland near 4805N 5905W. Sea ice north
and west of the ice edge.
Open water except 6 tenths of grey ice in some bays.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 19 January 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 20 Jan estimated from Newfoundland near
5040N 5615W to 5013N 4900W to 5200N 4900W to 5300N 5000W to 5657N
5400W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 20 Jan estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5128N 5649W to Newfoundland near 5118N 5640W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM AST 20 January 2017 Today Tonight and Saturday At 10:00 a.m. AST today intensifying low 989 mb located southeast
of Laurentian Fan.
By 8:00 p.m. AST tonight low 972 mb located over the Grand Banks.
At 3:30 p.m. AST Saturday departing low 969 mb located east of
At 10:00 a.m. AST today quasi-stationary ridge located over the
western Marine District.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:43 AM AST 20 January 2017 A deepening low pressure system southeast of Laurentian Fan will
continue to track toward the Grand Banks today. Strong
northeasterlies over eastern waters will increase to gale force
northerlies later today with a possibility of reaching storm force
overnight. Winds will diminish Saturday afternoon as the low moves
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Banquereau-eastern half and Laurentian Fan.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: