Issued 03:00 AM ADT 04 May 2015
Today Tonight and Tuesday
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind light increasing to south 10 to 15 knots this morning and to south 20 this afternoon. Wind increasing to northwest 25 overnight with gusts to 35 in the Honguedo Strait. Wind becoming west 25 Tuesday evening.
Showers and fog banks tonight and Tuesday morning. A few showers beginning Tuesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 3 May 2015 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4520N 6100W to 4615N 5830W
to Newfoundland near 4740N 5750W. Sea ice north and west of the ice
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 3 May 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 3 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4650N 5400W to 4500N 5345W to 4215N 4945W to 4215N 4830W to 4600N
3600W to 4730N 3600W to 5100N 3830W to 6000N 5630W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 3 May estimated from Quebec near
5014N 6000W to Newfoundland near 4934N 5755W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
AnticostiIssued 03:00 AM ADT 04 May 2015
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 4 May 2015 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today ridge located from Georges Bank to Cabot
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Tuesday departing ridge located east of the
At 9:00 p.m. ADT tonight trough located over southern Quebec.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Tuesday trough located from Anticosti Island to
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Belle Isle Bank - northern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: