Issued 08:00 PM ADT 26 March 2015
Tonight and Friday
Wind southwest 20 to 25 knots veering to west 15 to 20 near midnight then to northwest 20 to 25 Friday afternoon with gusts to 35 in the Honguedo Strait.
A few showers or a few flurries ending near midnight. Chance of flurries beginning Friday afternoon.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Freezing spray beginning Friday afternoon.
Temperatures plus 2 falling to minus 5 Friday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 March 2015 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4440N 6250W to 4350N
6050W to 4435N 5730W to 4725N 5740W to Newfoundland near 4720N
5520W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4520N 6530W to
4505N 6525W to 4425N 6620W Nova Scotia near 4415N 6605W. Sea ice
north of the ice edge.
2 tenths of first-year ice except 6 tenths of grey ice including 2
tenths of grey-white ice in Honguedo Passage.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 26 March 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 26 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4636N 5335W to 4445N 4800W to 4445N 4700W to 4715N 4230W to 5000N
4300W to 6000N 5800W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 26 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5118N 5759W to Newfoundland near 5042N 5724W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
AnticostiIssued 8:00 PM ADT 26 March 2015
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 26 March 2015 Tonight and Friday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over New England.
By 9:00 p.m. ADT Friday trough located from Georges Bank to
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:52 PM ADT 26 March 2015 A trough of low pressure will approach the marine waters from the
west tonight. The trough will slowly move through the western
Half of the district on Friday to eventually lie on a line from
Georges Bank to Banquereau by Friday evening. Strong to gale force
southwesterlies ahead of the trough shift to moderate to strong
northerlies behind it.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Lurcher..Browns Bank.. Georges Bank.. Southwestern shore.. Lahave
Bank.. West Scotian Slope.. Sable.. East Scotian Slope..
Southern half of Banquereau and Laurentian Fan. A freezing
Spray warning is in effect for Anticosti.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Belle Isle Bank - northeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks - northwestern half
- Northern Grand Banks - southeastern half
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - northern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - southern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: