Strait of Belle Isle - western half
Issued 08:00 PM NDT 30 March 2015
Tonight and Tuesday
Wind southwest 25 knots diminishing to light after midnight.
Low tonight minus 7. High Tuesday minus 1.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 30 March 2015 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Avalon Peninsula near 4745N 5240W to 4705N
4525W to 4845N 4455W to 5000N 4735W to 5145N 4835W to 5450N 5225W to
5630N 5555W to 5800N 5730W then northward. Sea ice north and west of
the ice edge.
Ice CoverageSpecial ice warning in effect.
9 tenths of first-year ice. Difficult Ice conditions.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 30 March 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 30 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4636N 5334W to 4430N 4815W to 4430N 4715W to 4700N 4130W to 4930N
4215W to 6000N 5715W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 30 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5115N 5819W to Newfoundland near 5028N 5728W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs except 10 to 25 icebergs east of the western
Warnings (In effect)
Strait of Belle Isle - western halfIssued 10:00 AM EDT 30 March 2015
Navigators in this marine area should be on the lookout for hazardous ice conditions and take necessary safety precautions. Please refer to the latest ice forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM NDT 30 March 2015 Tonight and Tuesday At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight ridge located on a line east-west over
Funk Island Bank.
By 10:00 a.m. NDT Tuesday quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Belle Isle Bank.
At 3:00 a.m. NDT Tuesday trough located on a line north-south over
the southeastern Grand Banks.
By 8:00 p.m. NDT Tuesday departing trough located east of the
At 10:00 a.m. NDT Tuesday low 998 mb located over Nova Scotia.
By 8:00 p.m. NDT Tuesday low 993 mb located off the Southwest
Coast of Newfoundland.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:25 PM NDT 30 March 2015 There are currently no wind or freezing spray warnings in effect for
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank - northeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southwestern half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea - northern half
- East Labrador Sea - southern half
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - northern half
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: