Strait of Belle Isle - western half
Issued 03:30 PM NST 28 February 2015
Tonight and Sunday
Wind west 25 knots diminishing to west 15 to 20 this evening.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray.
Temperatures near minus 18.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 28 February 2015 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4735N 5240W to 4720N 4700W
to 5145N 4825W to 5515N 5230W to 5550N 5505W to 5800N 5730W then
northward. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
9 tenths of grey-white ice including 4 tenths of first-year ice.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 28 February 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 Feb estimated from Newfoundland near
4700N 5252W to 4700N 5030W to 4800N 4730W to 5000N 4645W to 5145N
4700W to 6000N 5745W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 Feb estimated from Quebec near
5118N 5831W to Newfoundland near 5033N 5719W.
Iceberg CountLess than 10 icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Strait of Belle IsleIssued 3:30 PM NST 28 February 2015
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM NST 28 February 2015 Tonight and Sunday At 3:30 p.m. NST today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
east-west over the southern Grand Banks.
At 3:30 p.m. NST today trough located east of Belle Isle Bank.
By 3:00 a.m. NST Sunday departing trough located east of the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:22 PM NST 28 February 2015 A trough of low pressure east of Belle Isle Bank will move out to sea
tonight. Strong to gale force westerlies over northern waters behind
this system will diminish overnight.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
Belle Isle Bank - northeastern half and Funk Island Bank -
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all waters except the Southern Grand Banks.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank - northeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southwestern half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea - northern half
- East Labrador Sea - southern half
- Funk Island Bank - northeastern half
- Funk Island Bank - southwestern half
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northern half
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Ungava - eastern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: