Strait of Belle Isle - western half
Issued 03:00 AM NDT 28 April 2015
Today Tonight and Wednesday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northeast 30 knots with gusts to 40 increasing to northeast 40 this morning with gusts to 50 then diminishing to northeast 30 Wednesday morning with gusts to 40.
Rain and fog patches.
Temperatures zero to plus 4.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 27 April 2015 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from 4805N 5250W to 4430N 5000W to 4530N 4730W to
5510N 5300W to 5630N 5700W to 5800N 5800W then northward. Sea ice
north and west of the ice edge.
2 tenths of first-year ice except 9 tenths of first-year ice along
the Labrador coast.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 27 April 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 27 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4637N 5331W to 4345N 4930W to 4345N 4815W to 4600N 3745W to 4630N
3645W to 4730N 3645W to 5100N 3900W to 6000N 5500W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 27 Apr estimated from Quebec near
5031N 5936W to Newfoundland near 4935N 5755W.
Iceberg CountLess than 10 icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Strait of Belle Isle - western halfIssued 04:18 AM NDT 28 April 2015
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NDT 28 April 2015 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 3:00 a.m. NDT today low 984 mb located south of the Avalon
By 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight dissipating low 990 mb located over
At 3:00 a.m. NDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Labrador Sea.
At 3:00 a.m. NDT Wednesday approaching low 990 mb located southeast
of the Grand Banks.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:52 AM NDT 28 April 2015 A low pressure system south the Avalon Peninsula will continue to
track westward and then southwestward away from the marine district
today. Strong to gale force northeasterlies north of the lows track
will slowly ease later today and tonight.
A second low pressure system will approach the Grand Banks from the
southeast tonight and then track westward across Newfoundland
Wednesday. Strong to gale force northeasterlies will develop north of
the lows track Wednesday.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Strait of Belle Isle - western half, Northeast Gulf, Gulf - Port au
Port, East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis, Northeast Coast and
Funk Island Bank.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- East Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - eastern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: