Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
Issued 03:30 PM NST 18 January 2017
Tonight and Thursday
Wind north 10 to 15 knots becoming light early this evening then becoming south 10 to 15 Thursday evening.
Temperatures near minus 12.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 18 January 2017 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4840N 5305W to 5000N 5315W
to 5240N 5025W to 5535N 5155W to 5615N 5605W to 5800N 5730W then
northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
9 tenths of grey ice.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 18 January 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 19 Jan estimated from Newfoundland near
5100N 5600W to 5030N 4900W to 5200N 4900W to 5300N 5000W to 5700N
5500W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 19 Jan estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5128N 5649W to Newfoundland near 5118N 5640W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs except less than 10 icebergs east of the
western iceberg limit.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM NST 18 January 2017 Tonight and Thursday At 3:30 p.m. NST today trough located over the Grand Banks.
By 8:00 p.m. NST tonight departing trough located south of the
At 3:30 p.m. NST today high 1026 mb located south of Labrador.
By 3:30 p.m. NST Thursday high 1021 mb located over the East Coast
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:14 PM NST 18 January 2017 A trough of low pressure over the Grand Banks will move to lie south
of the district this evening. Strong to gale force north to
northwesterlies are forecast in the wake of this feature. Winds will
gradually diminish tonight as a region of high pressure moves over
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Northern Grand Banks and Southeastern Grand Banks.
Marine interests are also advised that a freezing spray warning is in
effect for the Northeast Coast.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank - northwestern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southeastern half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - eastern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: