Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
Issued 11:11 PM NST 22 December 2014
Tonight and Tuesday
Wind southwest 10 to 15 knots increasing to southwest 20 Tuesday morning.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Freezing spray beginning Tuesday morning.
Temperatures minus 8 to minus 4.
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 22 December 2014 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from 5100N 5710W to 5120N 5650W to 5140N 5600W to Labrador near 5200N 5550W. Sea ice east of the ice edge. Second ice edge estimated from northern peninsula near 5040N 5605W to 5100N 5540W to 5210N 5500W to 5400N 5500W to 5700N 6000W to 5800N 5900W then northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Open water except 5 tenths of new ice in the northern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 22 December 2014
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 23 Dec estimated from the Labrador coast near 5330N 5605W to 5235N 5300W to 5235N 5130W to 5400N 5200W to 5700N 5300W to 6000N 5630W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Strait of Belle IsleIssued 11:11 PM NST 22 December 2014
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 11:09 PM NST 22 December 2014 Tonight and Tuesday At 8:00 p.m. NST tonight quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Newfoundland.
At 8:00 p.m. NST tonight quasi-stationary trough located southeast
of the Marine District.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 11:01 PM NST 22 December 2014 Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the Strait of Belle Isle and Belle Isle Bank.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Ungava - eastern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: