Strait of Belle Isle
Issued 08:00 PM NDT 20 April 2015
Tonight and Tuesday
Temperatures rising to zero this evening. Low tonight minus 10. High Tuesday zero. Temperatures falling to minus 4 Tuesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 20 April 2015 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from 4840N 5300W to 4620N 4640W to 4745N 4515W to
4825N 4740W to 5500N 5300W to 5600N 5630W to 5800N 5730W then
northward. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
1 tenth of first-year ice except 6 tenths of first-year ice in the
western and northeastern sections.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 20 April 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 20 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4637N 5331W to 4430N 4745W to 4430N 4600W to 4545N 3615W to 4700N
3615W to 5000N 3745W to 5130N 3845W to 6000N 5500W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 20 Apr estimated from Quebec near
5107N 5837W to Newfoundland near 5028N 5728W.
Iceberg CountLess than 10 icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM NDT 20 April 2015 Tonight and Tuesday At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight low 978 mb located east of the Grand Banks.
By 3:30 p.m. NDT Tuesday departing low 984 mb located east of the
At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight ridge located on a line north-south over
the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
By 8:00 p.m. NDT Tuesday ridge located on a line north-south over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:58 PM NDT 20 April 2015 A low pressure system east of the Grand Banks will track slowly
northeastward tonight and Tuesday. Gale to storm force northerly
winds are expected over eastern waters near the low.
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings in effect for the
Northern Grand Banks - eastern half and the Southeastern Grand Banks
eastern half. Gale warnings are in effect for Funk Island Bank -
eastern half, Northern Grand Banks - western half and the
Southeastern Grand Banks - western half.
Marine interests are also advised that a freezing spray warning is in
effect for Funk Island Bank - western half.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea - northern half
- East Labrador Sea - southern half
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southern half
- North Labrador Coast
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - eastern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: