Strait of Belle Isle
Issued 03:00 AM NDT 25 May 2015
Today Tonight and Tuesday
Wind southwest 15 to 20 knots increasing to southwest 25 this afternoon then diminishing to west 15 near midnight. Wind diminishing to light Tuesday afternoon then becoming southeast 15 Tuesday evening.
A few showers ending late this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 24 May 2015 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland 5025N 5620W to 5030N 5330W to
5420N 5155W to 5630N 5730W to 5800N 5825W then northward. Sea ice
west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 24 May 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4652N 5555W to 4515N 5445W to 4130N 5130W to 4130N 4930W to 4530N
3930W to 4700N 3930W to 5300N 4445W to 6000N 5730W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 May estimated from Quebec near
5017N 6044W to Newfoundland near 4903N 5821W.
Iceberg Count51 to 100 icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NDT 25 May 2015 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 3:00 a.m. NDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over the southeastern Grand Banks.
At 3:30 p.m. NDT Tuesday approaching trough located near the Gulf
of St. Lawrence.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - eastern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: