West Brevoort - southern half
Issued 05:00 AM EDT 22 October 2017
Today Tonight and Monday.
Wind north 30 knots diminishing to northwest 20 early this morning and to light early this afternoon. Wind increasing to south 10 to 15 overnight and to south 20 Monday morning.
A few showers beginning Monday afternoon and ending Monday evening.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Freezing spray ending this morning.
Temperatures near zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 21 October 2017 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Baffin Island near 6620N 6710W to 6500N
6500W to 6440N 6315W to 6640N 6025W to 6830N 6530W to 6955N 6630W to
7025N 6425W to 7220N 6400W then northeastward. Sea ice west and
north of the ice edge.
Bergy water except 5 tenths of new ice along parts of the coast.
Warnings (In effect)
West Brevoort - southern halfIssued 05:00 AM EDT 22 October 2017
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:45 AM EDT 22 October 2017 Today Tonight and Monday At 1200 UTC Sunday deepening low 986 mb located at 57N 94W.
By 0000 UTC Tuesday low 972 mb located at 65.50N 85W.
At 1200 UTC Sunday ridge located from 52N 67W to 74N 68W.
By 0000 UTC Tuesday departing ridge located from 56N 54W to 65N 56W.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Ungava - eastern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Summer 2017: Significant weather across Canada
By analyzing weather events, ECCC is collecting more information as to how our climate is changing.
- Date modified: