West Brevoort - southern half
Issued 05:00 PM EST 19 December 2014
Tonight and Saturday
Wind north 25 knots diminishing to north 15 after midnight and to light late overnight. Wind becoming south 15 early Saturday afternoon then diminishing to light late Saturday afternoon. Wind becoming southwest 15 Saturday evening.
Periods of light snow beginning late Saturday afternoon. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Low tonight minus 24. High Saturday minus 11.
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EST 19 December 2014 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from 5800N 5900W to 6110N 6020W to 6425N 5750W then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
8 tenths of grey ice including 2 tenths of grey-white ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:45 PM EST 19 December 2014 Tonight and Saturday At 0000 UTC Saturday ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over Baffin Island.
By 0000 UTC Sunday ridge located on a line east-west over northern
At 0000 UTC Saturday low 1018 mb located at 60N 88W.
By 0000 UTC Sunday low 1007 mb located at 64N 74W.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Ungava - eastern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: