West Brevoort - southern half
Issued 05:00 PM EDT 24 June 2017
Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind east 25 knots increasing to northeast 35 Sunday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 24 June 2017 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from 5800N 5900W to 6130N 6100W to 6325N 5755W
then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Ice CoverageIce pressure warning in effect.
4 tenths of first-year ice including a trace of old ice except 9
tenths of first-year ice including a trace of old ice in the
northwestern half. Strong ice pressure developing in the pack ice in
the northwestern half Sunday afternoon.
Warnings (In effect)
West Brevoort - southern halfIssued 5:00 PM EDT 24 June 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
West Brevoort - southern halfIssued 11:00 AM EDT 24 June 2017
Navigators in this marine area should be on the lookout for hazardous ice conditions and take necessary safety precautions. Please refer to the latest ice forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:45 PM EDT 24 June 2017 Tonight and Sunday At 0000 UTC Sunday deepening low 987 mb located at 57N 66W.
By 0000 UTC Monday low 978 mb located at 59N 62W.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Ungava - eastern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: