West Brevoort - northern half
Issued 05:00 PM EDT 22 October 2017
Tonight and Monday.
Wind northwest 15 knots diminishing to light early this evening then increasing to south 15 late overnight. Wind increasing to south 25 early Monday afternoon.
Rain beginning early Monday afternoon and ending Monday evening.
Temperatures near zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 22 October 2017 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Baffin Island near 6620N 6710W to 6500N
6500W to 6440N 6315W to 6640N 6025W to 6830N 6530W to 6955N 6630W to
7025N 6425W to 7220N 6400W then northeastward. Sea ice west and
north of the ice edge.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:45 PM EDT 22 October 2017 Tonight and Monday At 0000 UTC Monday deepening low 975 mb located at 60N 92W.
By 0000 UTC Tuesday low 974 mb located at 64N 80W.
At 0000 UTC Monday ridge located from 60N 64W to 71N 60W.
By 0000 UTC Tuesday departing ridge located from 60N 54W to 68N 54W.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Ungava - eastern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Summer 2017: Significant weather across Canada
By analyzing weather events, ECCC is collecting more information as to how our climate is changing.
- Date modified: