Ungava - eastern half
Issued 05:30 PM EDT 22 October 2017
Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind south 15 knots increasing to south 20 early this evening and to south 35 late overnight. Wind diminishing to south 30 late Monday morning and to southwest 15 Monday evening.
A few showers beginning late Monday morning and ending Monday afternoon.
Temperatures near plus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 22 October 2017 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nunavut near 6300N 9040W to 6240N
8440W to Southampton Island near 6335N 8140W. Sea ice north of the
Second ice edge estimated from Southampton Island near 6400N 8035W
to 6520N 8305W to 6745N 7940W to 6650N 7705W to 6720N 7330W to 6525N
7820W to Foxe Peninsula near 6440N 7815W. Sea ice north of the ice
Warnings (In effect)
Ungava - eastern halfIssued 5:30 PM EDT 22 October 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:45 PM EDT 22 October 2017 Tonight and Monday At 0000 UTC Monday deepening low 975 mb located at 60N 92W.
By 0000 UTC Tuesday low 974 mb located at 64N 80W.
At 0000 UTC Monday ridge located from 60N 64W to 71N 60W.
By 0000 UTC Tuesday departing ridge located from 60N 54W to 68N 54W.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Ungava - eastern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Summer 2017: Significant weather across Canada
By analyzing weather events, ECCC is collecting more information as to how our climate is changing.
- Date modified: