Issued 05:30 AM EDT 07 July 2015
Today Tonight and Wednesday
Wind south 30 knots diminishing to southwest 20 this afternoon then veering to west 15 after midnight. Wind becoming southeast 15 Wednesday evening.
Periods of drizzle and fog.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 7 July 2015 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
5 tenths of first-year ice except 9 tenths of first-year ice near
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:45 AM EDT 7 July 2015 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 1200 UTC Tuesday weakening low 987 mb located at 61N 77W.
By 0000 UTC Thursday dissipating low 997 mb located at 65N 90W.
At 1200 UTC Tuesday low 1003 mb located at 64N 95W.
By 0000 UTC Thursday low 999 mb located at 61N 90W.
At 1200 UTC Tuesday quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
north-south over eastern Davis Strait.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - eastern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: