South Labrador Sea - western half
Issued 04:00 PM NDT 28 March 2017
Tonight and Wednesday
Wind north 25 knots.
Flurries. Visibility as low as 1 mile in flurries.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water occasional freezing spray.
Temperatures minus 8 to zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 28 March 2017 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4730N 5235W to 4655N 4740W
to 4730N 4650W to 5210N 5100W to 5535N 5220W to 5630N 5615W to 5800N
5700W then northward. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
7 tenths of first-year ice including a trace of old ice except 9
plus tenths of first-year ice including a trace of old ice in the
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 28 March 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4715N 5259W to 4630N 4700W to 4715N 4400W to 5000N 4400W to 5145N
4545W to 5300N 5000W to 5600N 5200W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 Mar estimated from Newfoundland
near 4856N 5830W to Quebec near 5012N 6039W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
South Labrador Sea - western halfIssued 4:00 PM NDT 28 March 2017
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NDT 28 March 2017 Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 p.m. NDT today low 978 mb located east of the Flemish Cap.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Wednesday departing low located southeast of the
At 4:00 p.m. NDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Wednesday ridge located on a line east-west over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:48 PM NDT 28 March 2017 Strong to gale force northwesterlies over southern waters will
diminish tonight as a low southeast of the marine district moves
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
South Labrador Coast and South Labrador Sea - eastern half.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for South Labrador Sea - western half and East Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - eastern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: