South Labrador Sea - southern half
Issued 09:30 PM NST 27 January 2015
Tonight and Wednesday
Wind west 15 knots diminishing to light near midnight then increasing to east 20 near noon Wednesday.
Flurries. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Temperatures minus 18 to minus 10 rising to minus 4 to zero Wednesday afternoon.
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 27 January 2015 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4915N 5330W to 5135N 4925W to 5430N 5115W to 5645N 5810W to 5800N 5800W then northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Bergy water except 7 tenths of grey-white ice including 2 tenths of first-year ice in the western section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 27 January 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 Jan estimated from Newfoundland near 4835N 5300W to 5030N 4800W to 5200N 4800W to 6000N 5800W. Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 Jan estimated from the Labrador coast near 5200N 5600W to Newfoundland near 5130N 5600W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NST 27 January 2015 Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight departing trough located southeast of
the Marine District.
At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight ridge located on a line east-west over
By 9:30 p.m. NST Wednesday ridge located over Labrador extending
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:25 PM NST 27 January 2015 A trough of low pressure southeast of the marine district will
continue to track southeastward tonight. Strong to gale force
northwesterlies over the East Labrador Sea will gradually diminish
this evening as the trough moves away.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warnings is in effect for
the East Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the South Labrador Coast, North Labrador Coast, Northwest
Labrador Sea and the East Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank - northeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southwestern half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - northern half
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Ungava - eastern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: