South Labrador Sea - eastern half
Issued 04:00 AM NDT 30 May 2015
Today Tonight and Sunday
Wind northwest 25 knots diminishing to light this afternoon then increasing to northeast 15 to 20 after midnight. Wind backing to north 20 Sunday afternoon except north 30 over southern sections.
Periods of snow beginning this afternoon changing to drizzle and fog patches this evening then to snow or rain Sunday morning.
Temperatures zero to plus 4.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 29 May 2015 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5145N 5615W to
Newfoundland near 5130N 5610W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 5030N 5620W to
5025N 5320W to 5440N 5210W to 5605N 5640W to 5655N 5600W to 5800N
5800W then northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 29 May 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 29 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4652N 5555W to 4045N 5130W to 4045N 4930W to 4545N 3700W to 4745N
3700W to 5515N 4800W to 6000N 5730W.
Western iceberg limit at estimated from Quebec near 5017N 6044W to
Newfoundland near 4903N 5821W.
Iceberg CountMore than 100 icebergs.
Gale warning ended
South Labrador SeaIssued 04:00 AM NDT 30 May 2015
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NDT 30 May 2015 Today Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 a.m. NDT today departing low 976 mb located southeast
At 4:00 a.m. NDT today ridge located over Labrador Coast.
By 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over Labrador Sea.
At 4:00 a.m. NDT today low 1004 mb located over central Quebec.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Sunday low 1000 mb located south of Lake Melville.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:51 AM NDT 30 May 2015 An intense low pressure system southeast of Greenland will weaken as
it slowly moves away towards the east today. Strong to gale force
northwesterlies in the wake of the low will ease to moderate to
strong as the system departs.
Another low pressure system approaching from the west will intensify
as it tracks across the Belle Isle Bank late Sunday. Strong to gale
force northwesterlies will develop over southern waters behind this
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
South Labrador Coast and East Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - eastern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: