South Labrador Sea - eastern half
Issued 09:30 AM NDT 21 April 2015
Today Tonight and Wednesday
Wind light increasing to northeast 15 knots late overnight and to northeast 20 to 25 Wednesday evening.
A few showers and fog patches beginning Wednesday afternoon.
Temperatures minus 2 to plus 2 rising to plus 3 Wednesday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 20 April 2015 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from 4840N 5300W to 4620N 4640W to 4745N 4515W to
4825N 4740W to 5500N 5300W to 5600N 5630W to 5800N 5730W then
northward. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 20 April 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 20 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4637N 5331W to 4430N 4745W to 4430N 4600W to 4545N 3615W to 4700N
3615W to 5000N 3745W to 5130N 3845W to 6000N 5500W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 20 Apr estimated from Quebec near
5107N 5837W to Newfoundland near 5028N 5728W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NDT 21 April 2015 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 a.m. NDT today ridge located over central Labrador Sea.
By 9:30 a.m. NDT Wednesday ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over the East Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:58 AM NDT 21 April 2015 Marine interests are advised that all freezing spray warnings have
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea - northern half
- East Labrador Sea - southern half
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southern half
- North Labrador Coast
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - eastern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: