South Labrador Sea - eastern half
Issued 09:30 PM NST 20 January 2017
Tonight and Saturday
Wind northwest 15 to 20 knots increasing to northeast 30 Saturday evening.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water occasional freezing spray.
Temperatures minus 10 to minus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 20 January 2017 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4810N 5255W to 5140N 5200W
to 5200N 5015W to 5525N 5200W to 5615N 5605W to 5800N 5700W then
northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Bergy water except 3 tenths of grey-white ice including 1 tenth of
first-year ice in the extreme southwestern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 20 January 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Jan estimated from Newfoundland near
5040N 5615W to 4945N 4830W to 5200N 4830W to 5300N 4930W to 5700N
5300W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Jan estimated from Quebec near
5125N 5735W to Newfoundland near 5100N 5700W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
South Labrador SeaIssued 9:30 PM NST 20 January 2017
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NST 20 January 2017 Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight quasi-stationary ridge located southeast
of the Marine District.
At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over Labrador Sea.
By 4:00 p.m. NST Saturday trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:14 PM NST 20 January 2017 Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all regions with open water.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - eastern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Ungava - eastern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: