South Labrador Sea - eastern half
Issued 04:00 PM NST 09 February 2016
Tonight and Wednesday
Wind north 10 to 15 knots veering to northeast 15 to 20 after midnight then increasing to northeast 30 Wednesday morning.
A few flurries.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water occasional freezing spray beginning overnight.
Temperatures minus 12 to minus 4 rising to minus 8 to minus 1 Wednesday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 9 February 2016 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4835N 5305W to 4840N 5010W
to 5145N 4935W to 5500N 5145W to 5625N 5555W to 5800N 5800W then
northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Bergy water except 4 tenths of first-year ice in the extreme
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 9 February 2016
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 9 Feb estimated from Newfoundland near
4700N 5300W to 4500N 4800W to 4515N 4645W to 4745N 4415W to 4845N
4415W to 5500N 5100W to 6000N 5800W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 9 Feb estimated from Newfoundland
near 5040N 5725W to Quebec near 5120N 5800W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs except less than 10 icebergs west of the
Warnings (In effect)
South Labrador SeaIssued 4:00 PM NST 09 February 2016
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NST 9 February 2016 Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 p.m. NST today ridge located over Labrador.
By 4:00 a.m. NST Wednesday quasi-stationary ridge located on a
line northeast-southwest over the Northwest Labrador Sea.
At 4:00 p.m. NST today trough located over southern Newfoundland.
By 4:00 a.m. NST Wednesday quasi-stationary trough located on a
line northeast-southwest over northern Newfoundland.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:51 PM NST 9 February 2016 Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all open waters except those over the North Labrador
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - eastern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Ungava - eastern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: