South Labrador Sea - eastern half
Issued 09:30 AM NDT 30 April 2017
Today Tonight and Monday
Storm warning in effect.
Wind northwest 25 to 35 knots increasing to northwest 40 to 50 this afternoon then diminishing to northwest 25 to 35 Monday afternoon.
Temperatures minus 3 to zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 30 April 2017 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4730N 5240W to 4735N 5135W
to 5055N 4925W to 5230N 5000W to 5800N 5630W then northeastward. Sea
ice north and west of the ice edge.
Bergy water except 7 tenths of first-year ice including a trace of
old ice in the extreme southwestern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 30 April 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 30 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4740N 5719W to 4400N 5630W to 4245N 5500W to 4215N 4900W to 4600N
4415W to 5000N 4545W to 5300N 4845W to 5600N 4900W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 30 Apr estimated from Quebec near
5015N 6314W to Newfoundland near 4737N 5916W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
South Labrador Sea - eastern halfIssued 09:30 AM NDT 30 April 2017
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NDT 30 April 2017 Today Tonight and Monday At 9:30 a.m. NDT today low 986 mb located over the Northwest
By 9:30 a.m. NDT Monday trough located south of the East Labrador
At 9:30 a.m. NDT Monday approaching ridge located over western
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:23 AM NDT 30 April 2017 A low pressure system over the Northwest Labrador Sea will drift
slowly southeastward and begin to weaken tonight. Strong to gale
force southeasterlies can be expected to the east of the low and gale
to storm force northwesterlies to its west.
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
North Labrador Coast, South Labrador Sea, and Northwest Labrador Sea.
Gale warnings are in effect for all remaining waters except Lake
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for South Labrador Coast, South Labrador Sea - western half,
Northwest Labrador Sea, and East Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - eastern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: