South Labrador Sea - eastern half
Issued 04:00 AM NDT 24 May 2015
Today Tonight and Monday
Wind light increasing to southwest 15 knots this afternoon then backing to south 20 this evening. Wind veering to west 20 Monday morning then diminishing to variable 10 to 15 Monday evening.
Showers and flurries. Fog patches dissipating near noon Monday.
South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
South Labrador Sea - southeastern half
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 23 May 2015 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland 5000N 5530W to 5050N 5305W to
5440N 5200W to 5615N 5700W to 5710N 5555W to 5800N 5730W then
northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Bergy water except 4 tenths of first-year ice including a trace of
old ice in the extreme southwestern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 23 May 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 23 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4652N 5555W to 4515N 5445W to 4130N 5145W to 4130N 4915W to 4530N
4015W to 4700N 4015W to 5300N 4500W to 6000N 5730W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 23 May estimated from Quebec near
5019N 6015W to Newfoundland near 4922N 5814W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NDT 24 May 2015 Today Tonight and Monday At 4:00 a.m. NDT today trough located over Quebec.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Monday trough located on a line northwest-southeast
over Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - eastern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: