South Labrador Coast - southern half
Issued 09:30 AM NDT 30 May 2016
Today Tonight and Tuesday
Wind southeast 10 to 15 knots increasing to southeast 15 to 20 near noon then becoming variable 15 to 20 early this evening. Wind diminishing to variable 10 to 15 late overnight then increasing to northwest 25 Tuesday evening.
Periods of rain and fog patches beginning this afternoon changing to flurries or showers Tuesday afternoon.
Temperatures zero to plus 3.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 30 May 2016 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Labrador near 5215N 5540W to 5250N 5400W to
5330N 5500W to 5400N 5300W to 5500N 5330W to 5630N 5730W to 5800N
5830W then northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 30 May 2016
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 30 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4656N 5402W to 4245N 4945W to 4245N 4815W to 4545N 3700W to 4730N
3700W to 5300N 4715W to 5600N 4900W then eastward.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 30 May estimated from Quebec near
5016N 6025W to Newfoundland near 4917N 5808W.
Iceberg CountLess than 10 icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NDT 30 May 2016 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 9:30 a.m. NDT today low 999 mb located over Quebec.
By 9:30 a.m. NDT Tuesday low 997 mb located over southern Labrador.
At 4:00 p.m. NDT today quasi-stationary trough located over western
At 9:30 a.m. NDT today weakening ridge located over eastern
By 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight departing ridge located east of the
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Ungava - eastern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: