South Labrador Coast - southern half
Issued 04:00 PM NDT 27 April 2017
Tonight and Friday
Wind light increasing to south 10 to 15 knots Friday morning then backing to southeast 15 to 20 Friday afternoon.
Freezing rain beginning Friday evening.
Temperatures minus 12 to minus 4 rising to minus 4 to zero Friday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 27 April 2017 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4745N 5245W to 4735N 5135W
to 5045N 5135W to 5155N 4935W to 5800N 5630W then northeastward. Sea
ice north and west of the ice edge.
3 tenths of first-year ice including a trace of old ice except 9
tenths of first-year ice including a trace of old ice in the
northern and eastern sections.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 27 April 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 27 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4740N 5719W to 4400N 5700W to 4245N 5500W to 4230N 4535W to 4745N
4215W to 5115N 4500W to 5300N 4930W to 5600N 4900W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 27 Apr Quebec near 5021N 6239W to
Anticosti Island near 4914N 6156W then from Anticosti Island near
4910N 6225W to Newfoundland near 4737N 5914W.
Iceberg Count51 to 100 icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NDT 27 April 2017 Tonight and Friday At 4:00 p.m. NDT today quasi-stationary low 985 mb located southeast
At 4:00 p.m. NDT today ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Friday ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:46 PM NDT 27 April 2017 A low pressure system southeast of Greenland will slowly move
eastwards tonight. Meanwhile, a ridge of high pressure over Labrador
will move to lie over the Labrador Sea Friday afternoon. Strong to
gale force west to northwesterlies over the Labrador Sea will ease
overnight as the low moves away and the ridge approaches.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
Labrador Sea except for the South Labrador Sea - western half.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northeastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southwestern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - eastern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: