South Labrador Coast - southern half
Issued 09:30 AM NDT 29 May 2015
Today Tonight and Saturday
Wind northwest 30 knots diminishing to west 15 to 20 this afternoon and to light Saturday morning. Wind increasing to southeast 15 to 20 Saturday afternoon.
Periods of rain or snow beginning Saturday morning.
Temperatures minus 1 to plus 4.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 29 May 2015 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5145N 5615W to
Newfoundland near 5130N 5610W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 5030N 5620W to
5025N 5320W to 5440N 5210W to 5605N 5640W to 5655N 5600W to 5800N
5800W then northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
2 tenths of first-year ice including a trace of old ice.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 28 May 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4652N 5555W to 4100N 5130W to 4100N 5000W to 4600N 3730W to 4715N
3730W to 5515N 4800W to 6000N 5830W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 May estimated from Quebec near
5017N 6044W to Newfoundland near 4903N 5821W.
Iceberg CountMore than 100 icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NDT 29 May 2015 Today Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 a.m. NDT today quasi-stationary low 989 mb located southeast
At 9:30 a.m. NDT today high located over western Labrador.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Saturday ridge located from Labrador to Funk
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:24 AM NDT 29 May 2015 An intensifying low pressure system will remain near stationary just
southeast of Greenland. Strong to gale force northwesterlies are
expected in the wake of the low and will ease to moderate to strong
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek, South Labrador Sea, Northwest
Labrador Sea - southern half and the East Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - eastern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: