South Labrador Coast - southern half
Issued 09:30 PM NDT 30 April 2016
Tonight and Sunday
Wind northwest 20 knots diminishing to light Sunday morning.
Temperatures minus 3 to plus 1.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 30 April 2016 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland 4915N 5330W to 4920N 5140W to
5055N 4850W to 5520N 5140W to 5625N 5615W to 5755N 5730W then
northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
3 tenths of first-year ice except 9 tenths of first-year ice
including a trace of old ice in the northeastern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 30 April 2016
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 30 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4644N 5305W to 4330N 4945W to 4330N 4745W to 4515N 4115W to 4630N
4030W to 4845N 4200W to 5000N 4300W to 5300N 4730W to 5600N 4900W
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 30 Apr estimated from Quebec near
5119N 5759W to Newfoundland near 5042N 5723W.
Iceberg CountLess than 10 icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NDT 30 April 2016 Tonight and Sunday At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight low 998 mb located east of Belle Isle Bank.
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Sunday low 987 mb located east of Greenland.
At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight quasi-stationary ridge located over Quebec.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:15 PM NDT 30 April 2016 Marine interests are advised that a freezing spray warning is in
effect for the North Labrador Coast.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank - northeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southwestern half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank - northwestern half
- Funk Island Bank - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - eastern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Ungava - eastern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: