South Labrador Coast - southern half
Issued 04:00 AM NST 01 March 2015
Today Tonight and Monday
Wind west 15 to 20 knots backing to south 15 to 20 Monday morning.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray.
Temperatures minus 20 to minus 15 rising to minus 10 to minus 5 Monday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 28 February 2015 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4735N 5240W to 4720N 4700W
to 5145N 4825W to 5515N 5230W to 5550N 5505W to 5800N 5730W then
northward. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
9 plus tenths of grey ice including 3 tenths of grey-white ice
except 9 plus tenths of first-year ice in the eastern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 28 February 2015
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 Feb estimated from Newfoundland near
4700N 5252W to 4700N 5030W to 4800N 4730W to 5000N 4645W to 5145N
4700W to 6000N 5745W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 Feb estimated from Quebec near
5118N 5831W to Newfoundland near 5033N 5719W.
Iceberg Count10 to 25 icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
South Labrador CoastIssued 04:00 AM NST 01 March 2015
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NST 1 March 2015 Today Tonight and Monday At 4:00 a.m. NST today trough located over the southern East
By 9:30 a.m. NST today departing trough located southeast of the
At 4:00 a.m. NST today ridge located over western Labrador.
By 4:00 a.m. NST Monday ridge located over Labrador Coast.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:21 PM NST 28 February 2015 A trough of low pressure south of the East Labrador Sea will move
eastward out to sea tonight. Strong to gale force westerlies over
eastern waters will diminish on Sunday behind this system.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
South Labrador Sea and East Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all open waters.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank - northeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - southwestern half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank - northeastern half
- Funk Island Bank - southwestern half
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northern half
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Ungava - eastern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: